Non-Fiction Book Club meets virtually
every other month on a Tuesday at 1:30 PM. If you'd like to
receive the Zoom link, please contact Sonora at 745-3555 or
• Tuesday, February 20 from 1:30-3 PM: The Fatal Shore by Robert Hughes
Evening Book Club meets on the second Wednesday of every month at 7 PM at the Youngstown Free Library.
• Wednesday, March 13 from 7-8 PM: Small Mercies by Dennis Lehane or King: a life by Jonathan Eig
Afternoon Book Club meets on the third Tuesday of every month at 1:30 PM at the Lewiston Senior Center.
• Tuesday, February 20 from 1:30-3 PM: Hang the Moon by Jeannette Walls
All are welcome to any of the book clubs! To receive a copy of the book, you can order it here. If you have questions about how to attend, please contact Sonora at 745-3555 or email@example.com.
Library Board of Trustees is meeting on Monday, February 26 at 7 PM at the Youngstown Free Library. Meeting reports are available online the weekend before the meeting.
Any last-minute updates to programs will be posted to the Library's Facebook page.
PURPOSE: The Ruby Carey Scholarship is designed to honor a
deserving graduate who demonstrates some of the attributes
exhibited by Ruby Carey through achieving excellence in
academics and by giving back to their community. The scholarship
is awarded to help them purchase textbooks and required
materials in their pursuit of higher education.
The Board of Trustees of the Youngstown Free Library and the Board of Directors of the Friends of the Youngstown Free Library are honored to offer this scholarship in her name.
AWARD: An award of $1,500.00 will be presented to the successful candidate upon entering college or university and their name will be added to the Ruby Carey Memorial Scholarship plaque which is displayed in the Youngstown Free Library.
• Applicants must reside within the 14174 postal zip code and be graduating high school during the current year.
• Applicants must have a library card in good standing from the Nioga Library System.
• Applicants must be accepted into and attend an accredited community college, vocational school, college, or university within the next twelve months.
Applications are due on April 26, 2024.
The mission of the Youngstown Free Library is to be a community center which inspires learning and provides access to a vast range of information and resources for patrons of all ages.
The Youngstown Free Library Board of Trustees meetings are held on the last Monday of the month, with the following exceptions: in May, the Board meets on the 3rd Monday of the month, and the Board has no meetings in August or December. The public is always welcome to attend.