Evening Book Club is meeting on Wednesday,
July 14th at 7 PM at the Youngstown Free Library. We will be
discussing The Midnight Library by Matt Haig. Please
call or email the Library if you'd like a copy of the book;
all are welcome!
Afternoon Book Club is meeting on Tuesday, July 20th at 1:30 PM at the Lewiston Senior Center to discuss Rose Code by Kate Quinn. Please call or email the Library if you'd like a copy of the book; all are welcome!
The Library's Summer Reading Program runs from July 6 - August 20. All programs are drop-in except the Rope & Pulley Challenge and Words with Birds; those two programs require appointments.
The Library's Summer Reading Challenge will run from July 6 -
September 10 (the end of the first week of school). This year,
families can track their child's time spent reading in two
• Pick up a paper reading log at the Youngstown Free Library OR
• Download the READSquared app from the App Store or the Google Play Store and create an account under the Youngstown Free Library.
Either way, great prizes await you!
Here are some highlights from our current Safety Plan,
which was approved by the Library Board of Trustees on May
24, 2021. As always, our top priority is the safety of staff
members and patrons. Please feel free to review our full Safety Plan.
• All returned books and movies are put into a 24-hour quarantine.
• After quarantine, all books and movies are wiped down with disinfectant before being re-shelved.
• All staff members are screened daily to ensure that everyone is feeling well.
• All staff and patrons are social distancing at work and wearing appropriate PPE for each situation.
• We are cleaning all public areas on a regular basis.
• We are cleaning and disinfecting all work areas at the end of every shift.
Please contact the Director if you have any questions or concerns.
The mission of the Youngstown Free Library is to be a community center which inspires learning and provides access to a vast range of information and resources for patrons of all ages.
The Youngstown Free Library Board of Trustees meetings are held on the last Monday of the month, with the following exceptions: in May, the Board meets on the 3rd Monday of the month, and the Board has no meetings in August or December. The May meeting will take place at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. The public is always welcome to attend.