During the length of the pandemic, the Library will continue
to offer curbside pick-up for all materials. Here's how it
• Log into your library account to look up and request books, magazines, or movies you would like.
• If you prefer to submit your requests directly to staff, you can submit this form to us with your requests.
• Staff will sanitize and check out those library materials to you. Then they will be bagged for your privacy and protection.
• On Mondays through Thursdays from 4-6 PM, curbside pick-up is available at the door to the Red Brick building. Masks are required, but your library card is not.
Order Books for Curbside Pick-up
For those who are more at risk, we continue to offer private
appointments to visit the Library for a 30-minute visit.
You'll need to fill out a Patron Agreement for Pandemic Visits
and everyone in your family must wear a mask for the entirety
of your visit. Book your appointment now.
Book Your Library Visit
Evening Book Club is on Wednesday, June
9th at 7 PM; if the weather is nice, we plan to meet at
Falkner Park. We will be discussing A Woman is No Man
by Etaf Rum. Please call or email the Library if you'd like a
copy of the book; all are welcome!
Afternoon Book Club is on hiatus during June. We will resume in July, and we will be meeting on Tuesday, July 20th at 1:30 PM at the Lewiston Senior Center to discuss Rose Code by Kate Quinn. Please call or email the Library if you'd like a copy of the book; all are welcome!
Town of Porter Story Hour from Home has just finished their spring program calendar, but you can go back and rewatch all their past video storytimes on Youtube here.
Summer reading programs are coming! The
Library's Summer Reading Program will run from July 6 - August
20. The Library's Summer Reading Challenge will run from July
6 - September 10 (the end of the first week of school).
The program schedule will be released by June 10th, and we'll post it here and on the Library's Facebook page.
Wear your mask, and we'll see you at the Youngstown Free Library!
Here are some highlights from our current Safety Plan,
which was approved by the Library Board of Trustees on May
24, 2021. As always, our top priority is the safety of staff
members and patrons. Please feel free to review our full Safety Plan.
• All returned books and movies are put into a 24-hour quarantine.
• After quarantine, all books and movies are wiped down with disinfectant before being re-shelved.
• All staff members are screened daily to ensure that everyone is feeling well.
• All staff and patrons are social distancing at work and wearing appropriate PPE for each situation.
• We are cleaning all public areas on a regular basis.
• We are cleaning and disinfecting all work areas at the end of every shift.
Please contact the Director if you have any questions or concerns.
The mission of the Youngstown Free Library is to be a community center which inspires learning and provides access to a vast range of information and resources for patrons of all ages.
The Youngstown Free Library Board of Trustees meetings are held on the last Monday of the month, with the following exceptions: in May, the Board meets on the 3rd Monday of the month, and the Board has no meetings in August or December. The May meeting will take place at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. The public is always welcome to attend.